Hiring and selecting an interior designer can be a daunting process. It’s helpful to understand what requires thoughtful consideration prior to starting your search.
- Vision and Results: What overall result you’re looking for – both aesthetic and personal – and why
- Lifestyle: How this design project should serve your lifestyle. For example, do you entertain a lot? Should the kitchen be made for an aspiring chef? How will the public rooms be used?
- Design Sensibility: What your design sensibility and preferences are, what new ones you’re interested in exploring and – just as important – which ones you want to avoid (pull tear sheets of what you love and share these with the designer)
- Working Relationship: How you can effectively partner with a designer and enjoy the design experience
- Budget Range: What resources you wish to apply to your project
- Time Frame: How soon do you want or need to get started, and completed, and under what conditions/constraints
- Review of Aesthetic Options: Which interior designers best reflect your taste, goals and requirements – with samples from these firms’ portfolios for you to review
- Criteria for Decision-making: What elements are most important to you in choosing a designer – aesthetic vision, personal fit, reputation, price, start date, etc.
The Design Advisory Group (DAG) offers advisory services that help you through these, and other, considerations. Inspired by art advisory firms, DAG draws on its unparalleled connections and expertise in the design field to assemble a highly curated, professionally vetted portfolio of the nation’s most talented interior designers/architects, across every style and type of project.
We will help you find the interior designer and/or architect that’s just right for you, saving you time and money. Often, DAG recommends that you meet with more than one firm before making a final decision.
Need help finding the right interior designer for you? We can advise and match you with the most talented designers for your project. To contact us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 917.498.1335.